#FallLibLooks

 I have been procrastinating putting this together for a while now because I was not ready for Fall. Weird, right? Usually I am the first one to shout "BRING ON FALL!" But it wasn't until the past few days of temperatures in the nineties that I gave up on summer. I am over it. So, let's look ahead to fall weather and breaking out our autumn wardrobe.

For those of you unfamiliar: There will be four challenges per year: Summer (Jun-Aug), Fall (Sep-Nov), Winter (Dec-Feb), and Spring (Mar-May). You will still have one prompt for each day of the three-month period, you will just get them all at once instead of monthly.

The daily themes for Fall are:
Seasonal Sunday
Specific Item Monday
Textured Tuesday
Wild Wednesday
Patterned Thursday
Color My Friday
Layered Saturday

Wed. 9/1: Ocean Life. Last chance for your cute, ocean-inspired looks.
Thu. 9/2: Feeling Nauti. Bust out those anchors & boats one last time.
Fri. 9/3: Neon Lights. Go bright or stay home.
Sat. 9/4: Kimono Cutie. A light layer to start off the layers theme.
Sun. 9/5: Last Chance White Pants. I'm not all about the whole "no white after Labor Day" thing, but I know some of you are so get one last wear in today.
Mon. 9/6: Fair & Square. Squareneckline.
Tue. 9/7: Laidback Linen. A light and cozy texture.
Wed. 9/8: Household Pet. I always opt for cat print, but I thought you might enough something else (dog, fish, turtle...whatever).
Thu. 9/9: Geometry Lesson. A geometric pattern of your choosing.
Fri. 9/10: Monochrome Magic.  Any color, but keep it monochromatic today.
Sat. 9/11: Cardi Party. My favorite type of sweater.
Sun. 9/12: Back to School Blues. Definitely struggling with this so wearing blue should be no issue for me.
Mon. 9/13: Skirt the Issue. Show some leg in a cute skirt today.
Tue. 9/14: Quilty Pleasure. A quilted jacket or perhaps patchwork pants?
Wed. 9/15: Cow Print Chic. I can't decide how I feel about this trend. Thoughts?
Thu. 9/16: Poised in Paisley. An underrated print, if you ask me.
Fri. 9/17: Gorgeous Gradients. Better than a single color, after all.
Sat. 9/18: Blazer A Trail. Top off with a blazer today.
Sun. 9/19: Pumpkin Picking. Let's see those pumpkin picking outfits!
Mon. 9/20: Raw Hem. It took me a looooong time to come around to raw hems, but they are finally growing on me.
Tue. 9/21: Crepe or Crimped. A crepe textured blouse or crimped hair....your choice.
Wed. 9/22: Of Safari. Tigers, giraffes & zebras, oh my!
Thu. 9/23: Falling for Floral. Today is all about the fun floral prints.
Fri. 9/24: Spice of Life. I love orange spice anything -- pants, tops, shoes...you name it!
Sat. 9/25: Utility Jacket. Useful and practical!

**BANNED BOOKS WEEK: 9/26-10/2**
All prompts inspired by book titles on ALAs list of the Top 100 Most Banned & Challenged Books of the Last Decade.
Sun. 9/26: This One Summer. Fall may be here but get one more wear out of a summer piece today, if you can.
Mon. 9/27: The Things They Carried. Bags, bags, and more bags!
Tue. 9/28: Glass. Jewelry. Glass jewelry. Unless you have another way to interpret this, then go for it!
Wed. 9/29: To Kill A Mockingbird. Let's see those bird prints and/or feathers!
Thu. 9/30: Draw Me A Star. Star prints as far as the eye can see.
Fri. 10/1: Beyond Magenta. It's not Wednesday, but bust out the pink!
Sat. 10/2: Captain Underpants. I mean, you don't have to show them to us....I just couldn't come up with another book title that counts as a layer.

Sun. 10/3: Fall Foliage. Any outfit inspired by autumn leaves.
Mon. 10/4: A Little Flare. Who else is obsessed with flares?
Tue. 10/5: Cute in Corduroy. My favorite texture.
Wed. 10/6: Zebra Stripes. Love seeing this pattern around more.
Thu. 10/7: Hyped for Stripes. I am never, in fact, hyped for stripes...but I know y'all love them!
Fri. 10/8: Rust is A Must. Hands down one of my fave colors for Fall.
Sat. 10/9: In the Trenches. Hopefully it rains today so we aren't all walking around in trenchcoats for no reason.
Sun. 10/10: Spooky Sparkles. Or any sparkles, really.
Mon. 10/11: Mule it Over. I love a good pair of mules, but slides will work too.
Tue. 10/12: Slay In Suede. Anyone else love suede season? I mean, when it doesn't rain.
Wed. 10/13: Snake Hunt. I never thought I would get on board with snake print, but I've really been into it lately.
Thu. 10/14: Check It Out. Bc Fall is perfect for plaid.
Fri. 10/15: Think Pink. Yep, more pink.
Sat. 10/16: Sweater Weather. (Hopefully it isn't 90 degrees.)
Sun. 10/17: Hocus Pocus. You don't have to dress like Bette Midler, but I also won't stop you if that's what you want to do.
Mon. 10/18: Button Fly. My absolute fave. To hell with zippers!
Tue. 10/19: Leather Weather. Let's see those leather jackets.
Wed. 10/20: Animal Instinct. Any animal print of your choosing.
Thu. 10/21: Argyle Style. I love geeking out in a cute argyle sweater (or socks), don't you?
Fri. 10/22: Candy/Caramel Apple. Channel this fun food today. Caramel or red (or both).
Sat. 10/23: Bomber Babe. I love a good bomber jacket, in style or not.
Sun. 10/24: Wicked Lip. Let's see your lippies today.
Mon. 10/25: Venomous Denim. I am down with any excuse for jeans.
Tue. 10/26: Laced w/Poison. Let's see that lace!
Wed. 10/27: Bats or Cats. Or both, if you're really creative.
Thu. 10/28: Pattern that Pops. Go bold or stay home today.
Fri. 10/29: Goblin Green. Bc not any green will do.
Sat. 10/30: Caped Crusader. Are capes still in? Do we even call them capes? What is the difference between a cape and a poncho? Also, feel free to channel a superhero today if that's your thing.
Sun. 10/31: Costume Party. I want to see your costume!
Mon. 11/1: Cowl Neck. One of my absolute favorite necklines.
Tue. 11/2: Waffleknit. Thermal...I am basically talking about thermal.
Wed. 11/3: Ruffle My Feathers. Yes, another bird/feather prompt.
Thu. 11/4: Double the Dots. Bc one set is simply not enough.
Fri. 11/5: Act Neutral. No fun colors. Black, white, tan, gray, brown. That's it.
Sat. 11/6: Best in a Vest. YEEEESSSSSS! I love vest weather!
Sun. 11/7: Fave Flannel. How can I pick just one?
Mon. 11/8: Slingback Attack. A cute shoe to carry into Fall.
Tue. 11/9: Crisp Cotton. The fabric of our lives.
Wed. 11/10: You're A Hoot. I gotta get my owl fix in.
Thu. 11/11: Print Mix. Bc I just love a good pattern play.
Fri. 11/12: On Point Olive. More green!
Sat. 11/13: Soft Sherpa. Stay warm & cozy in your sherpa today.
Sun. 11/14: Boot Hoarder. Bc who doesn't love a good pair of boots?
Mon. 11/15: Faux is a Go. Faux fur, faux leather...whichever.
Tue. 11/16: Cozy Cashmere. Mmmm, I can feel it now!
Wed. 11/17: Feeling Foxy. Fox print or something that makes you feel extra sexy.
Thu. 11/18: Herringbone. A classic pattern.
Fri. 11/19: Mustard Mania. A fall staple.
Sat. 11/20: Plush Fleece. Oh, I love a good excuse to bury myself in an oversize super cozy fleece.
Sun. 11/21: Cranberry Sauce. I love a deep dark red as much as the food itself -- a lot!
Mon. 11/22: Destructed. Denim, but I guess you can wear those weird ripped sweaters if that's what you're into.
Tue. 11/23: Furry, Fuzzy, or Fluffy. Sounds delightful, am I right?
Wed. 11/24:  Woodland Chic. Squirrels, deer & bear, oh my!
Thu. 11/25: Plaiditude. Yes, more plaid. I freaking love plaid, ok.
Fri. 11/26: Black Friday Shopping. Black today, shopping or not.
Sat. 11/27: Blanket Scarf. A toasty layer.
Sun. 11/28: Pecan Pie. Brown. Good luck with that.
Mon. 11/29: Look at That Bootie. Show off a cute pair of booties today.
Tue. 11/30: Warm Wool. I own very little wool bc I sweat entirely way too much for a fabric that heavy, but I am looking forward to seeing yours!

Don't forget to use the #FallLibLooks hashtag so I can see your fun outfit creations.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram