Getting Ready for Spring: Home Edition

Is it just me or does it seem like Spring gets farther and farther away by the day? I had this glimmer of hope at the beginning of the week that just maybe it was right around the corner. As I trotted off to work in my sweatshirt and puffer vest thinking "This weather is something I could really get used to." the hope just beamed from me. When I left work, the sun did not yet set on my hopes and dreams -- I was able to walk all of the way home without feeling overly cold. Wow, that has not happened in...I cannot even remember how long! It was not until I got home and pulled up the weekly forecast in an effort to plan my wardrobe that my hope packed up and left town. With low temperatures still dipping below-zero throughout the next several days, my winter blues are at an all time high (or is it low?).

In an effort to kick these bad winter feelings, lets focus on getting ready for Spring! Here are a few ways you can bring Spring into your home...

Indulge in some pastel colors.


Pastels have a way of lifting ones spirit. They scream brightness while still being muted...and it takes something really special to be able to pul that off. Go bold and switch up your wall colors or simply throw in some pastel accessories. A little color change can go a long way.

Go bright.


Pastels just not your thing? Go big & bright! I am literally obsessed with this hot pink & white polka dot wall, though I will admit that I don't have the guts to give a go myself. If you are a little reserved like me, try some bright throw pillows & switch out those lampshades instead.

Make it pop.


Keep your neutrals...we all love them, after all. Spice things up a bit with pops of color in your throw pillows, vases, art & especially flowers!

Simple upcycles.


The simplest upcycles can really transform a room. This is by far one of my favorite finds because it looks so chic and is incredibly simple! Take a yard of spring-y fabric and wrap the center of your headboard for a quick & easy pop of springtime. Add to it by picking up some cheap frames (or reusing ones you already have) and putting floral scrapbook papers in them. Cute, right!?

Stick it on.


If you are not in the market for a huge change (or you are stuck in a crappy rental such as myself), invest in some wall decals to make a big statement...and still be able to take it down tomorrow. I have Wall Pops in my office and I absolutely love love love them!

So, how do you plan to get ready for Spring? Feel free to share your photos. All of the photos above are linked to their original source in case you want to do a little more research on any of them. Let's all keep thinking warm & bright thoughts in an effort to woo Spring into coming just a little early!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram