#MAYliblooks / #LLBwardroberemix

Greetings everyone in social distancing land. I hope you are all doing well and have been sheltering in place during these crazy times if you are able. I have been taking full advantage of working from my bed in comfortable clothes and rarely any makeup. I don't know about you, but I am ready to get out of these lounge clothes. I don't know if I will or not, but I know I could use the boost. So, this month we are returning to the normal style challenges (despite still working from home). Here's what we are looking at:


For those of you unfamiliar with #LLBwardroberemix, here's how it works: Each month I give you 40 prompts, broken down into eight categories. You can do any prompt, from any category, on any day you want. This challenge works around your schedule while still providing hints of inspiration when you need them. Why 40 prompts? So you can skip the ones that don't work for you and still have a backup plan!

 Need something a bit more structured? That's were #MAYliblooks comes in...


The daily themes are as follows:
Sunday Accessories
Better Together Monday
Specific Item Tuesday
Wing It Wednesday
Thursday Textures
Patterned Friday
Color My Saturday

Let's dig a little deeper into these prompts.

Friday 5/1: Wild Friday at Home. The wildest print you have in your clothing collection.
Saturday 5/2: Singing the Blues. Whatever and however many shades of blue you are feeling today.
Sunday 5/3: Masked Up. Springs newest accessory -- the face mask! So far I have floral and galaxy print, with Phillies & cat prints on the way. It is some strange new obsession, knowing that I am going to have to wear them back to work soon.
Monday 5/4: Coral & Navy. Honestly one of my favorite combinations.
Tuesday 5/5: Fiesta Frock. I am not saying you need to bust out a sombrero, but hey, it's Cinco de Mayo!
Wednesday 5/6: Patched Up. I love patched clothing. I always have, I assume I always will. Patchwork dressed, patched jeans, patchwork buttondowns -- I love it all.
Thursday 5/7: Classic Cotton. So basically, you can wear anything. As long as it is cotton!
Friday 5/8: Camo Cutie. Not my favorite pattern, but it is growing on me. Sort of. Not really, but I am trying.
Saturday 5/9: Rainbow Bright. Bust out those brights, ladies. I know I will be wearing tie dye today.
Sunday 5/10: What is time, anyway? Seriously, does time exist anymore? We live in a very strange world in which work can take all day, we can take six naps a day, and weekends are basically irrelevant. 
Monday 5/11: Lime & Yellow. I actually really like these two together. I should wear it more. Throw off that citrusy vibe.
Tuesday 5/12: Show Your Toes. Fingers crossed it is warm enough for sandals (as I type this, there is snow in the forecast for tonight, so I won't hold my breath).
Wednesday 5/13: Lounge Around Leggings. Because they are a staple in many wardrobes now (I still hate them...I am a joggers girl, through and through).
Thursday 5/14: Crochet or Lace. How can a girl choose!?
Friday 5/15: Connect the Dots. I want to see aaaaaallllllllllllllll the dots.
Saturday 5/16: Little Bit of Lilac. Or a lot bit. Who am I to judge?
Sunday 5/17: Trendy Tassels. I don't actually know how trendy they are these days, but I still love them.
Monday 5/18: Teal & Berry. Such a beautiful combination. If you haven't tried it before, now is your chance.
Tuesday 5/19: Get Graphic. Show off a cute graphic tee today.
Wednesday 5/20: Sweet Sundress. I know this is asking for a lot. Not a whole lot of people have the energy for dresses right now. Just pick a very comfortable one.
Thursday 5/21: Laidback Linen. It doesn't get cozier than that.
Friday 5/22: Simply Stenciled. I love patterns that look stenciled. So chic.
Saturday 5/23: Mellow Melon. You thought I was going to type yellow, didn't you? Melon is prettier. Simple as that.
Sunday 5/24: Top It Off. With a hat. With a jacket. With a wild pair of earrings. Interpret this however you'd like.
Monday 5/25: Red, White & Blue. Happy Memorial Day, lovelies!
Tuesday 5/26: Cream of the Crop. That's right, show a little leg/stomach. Crop whatever piece you want.
Wednesday 5/27: Show Some Shoulder. Off-the-shoulder, cold shoulder, tank top, strapless...the options are endless!
Thursday 5/28: Apple of My Eyelet. I am a sucker for a good eyelet top, what can I say.
Friday 5/29: Blooms & Blossoms. Let's see those floral prints today!
Saturday 5/30: All White Now. Because we officially can! Not that I ever follow that silly rule.
Sunday 5/31: Sunnies Side Up. Here is hoping for a nice sunshiney day so I can see all of your trendy sunglasses.

Listen, I get that there are a lot of people still struggling with all this. If you aren't ready to get out of your comfy clothes, don't. You do whatever is best for you. Keep the #LLBquarantinestyle hashtag going for another month if you want. I am here for you in whatever way I can be.

Remember to use the #LLBwardroberemix & #APRliblooks hashtags so I can see your fab outfit creations. Stay safe & healthy, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram