May #LLBcolorchallenge

Truth? I sucked at the color challenge last month. I can probably count on one hand how many times I followed it. Actually, I don't even know if that's true...that is how seldom I even checked. I am hoping that switching out my seasonal wardrobe sparked something, anything, to make me excited about getting dressed again. Anyway, there are some really great palettes for May and if nothing else, I am excited about that!

The challenge is relatively simple. You get one color palette per week to inspire your outfit creations. You can choose to pop one of the colors, combine them all, wear one per day, pick your two favorite and wear them all week long...whatever works for you. I encourage you to incorporate other neutrals (black, white, gray, tan, etc.) on a weekly basis so not to overcomplicate things.

Always remember:
These challenges are never meant to be difficult; rather to provide a new way of looking at pieces you already have. That said, I in no way advocate purchasing items just to fulfill this (or any) challenge. If you look at this and think to yourself "Man, I'd really love a mauve sweater" (guilty), then do whatever makes you happy. Just please don't look at this and go "Ugh, now I have to go buy something green" because, my friends, you absolutely do not. Clothes bring me the most joy in life (sad, I know) so I am constantly looking for new ways to maximize the use of each and every item.

Remember to use the #LLBcolorchallenge hashtag so I can see your fantastic use of color.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram