#SummerLibLooks

 I have been very open about my style challenge struggle for the past couple of years. There have been times I have wanted to give them up so badly, but I just keep coming back to the community. I love all of the people I have met through participating in and hosting style challenges. So I am constantly changing things up, trying to keep myself interested enough to not quit hosting. So here it is, my latest attempt: seasonal challenges.

There will be four challenges per year: Summer (Jun-Aug), Fall (Sep-Nov), Winter (Dec-Feb), and Spring (Mar-May). You will still have one prompt for each day of the three-month period, you will just get them all at once instead of monthly.

The daily themes for Summer are:
Sunday Accessories
Specific Item Monday
Prints & Patterns Tuesday
Wild Wednesday
Thursday Trends
Color My Friday
Summer Inspired Saturday

Tuesday 6/1: Check, please! A plaid of your choosing.
Wednesday 6/2: Moves Like Jaguar. Get it? Haha. Let's see that leopard print today.
Thursday 6/3: Matching Set. Takes all of the guess-work out of getting dressed, am I right!?
Friday 6/4: Orchid or Rose. Bold or soft, up to you.
Saturday 6/5: Berry Picking. Strawberry, blueberry, whatever strikes your fancy.
Sunday 6/6: Sunnies State of Mind. Let's see your cute sunglasses today!
Monday 6/7: Cozy Cutoffs. Short or crops, either will work.
Tuesday 6/8: Chic in Chevron. Do people still wear chevron? Some days I love it, but most days I hate it. Maybe this will convince me to finally wear it or get rid of it.
Wednesday 6/9: Snake in the Grass. Snake print is so cute right now.
Thursday 6/10: Cut It Out. I am not a fan of cutouts, but I love them on other people!
Friday 6/11: In the Limelight. Obsessed with lime right now. Anyone else?
Saturday 6/12: Bumper Boats. Bumper boats are way better than bumper cars. And that's why you can buy cute nautical clothing with boats/anchors/fish on them.
Sunday 6/13: Bow Babe. A bow in your hair, on your shoes, or even a tie belt.
Monday 6/14: Strappy Sandals. Because boring sandals just won't do today.
Tuesday 6/15: Nice & Nautical. That's right, more nautical. It's summer!
Wednesday 6/16: Day at the Zoo. Lions, tigers & bears, oh my! Or whatever zoo animal print/pattern/graphic you have laying around.
Thursday 6/17: Risky Raw Hem. I don't know that it's risky, but I guess your pants possibly unraveling at any given moment could be unsettling.
Friday 6/18: Melon or Mango. Pick your shade of melon or pop some mango.
Saturday 6/19: Splash of Lemon. Yellow or lemon print, either will do.
Sunday 6/20: Sitting Ringside. I mean, you could go watch UFC or you could just wear rings today (as long as you still remember to wash/sanitize your hands)!
Monday 6/21: Midi or Maxi. I am usually a maxi girl myself, but lately I have really been digging midi dresses.
Tuesday 6/22: Just Palmy. I love a good palm tree print, don't you?
Wednesday 6/23: Ofishally Summer. Because I never pass on the opportunity to wear some sort of fish print (hello, Lilly Pulitzer).
Thursday 6/24: Sly Button Fly. A trend I never want to go away, but I know it will.
Friday 6/25: Coral & Purple. I know it is an unlikely color combination, but give it a chance!
Saturday 6/26: Wave Swinger. If you have something with waves, go for it. Otherwise, a swing dress/top will do.
Sunday 6/27: Tell Me A-belt It. Accessorize with a belt today.
Monday 6/28: Huarache Sandals. My favorite summer shoe.
Tuesday 6/29: Pineapple of My Eye. Bust out those pineapple prints!
Wednesday 6/30: Spots or Dots. Cheetah spots or polka dots.
Thursday 7/1: Statement Shoulder. Let your shoulders make the statement today.
Friday 7/2: Radical Red. Or just run of the mill red. It's entirely up to you.
Saturday 7/3: Citrus Twist. Channel your favorite citrus fruits today. (So basically, another excuse to wear lime.)
Sunday 7/4: Straw Hat or Bag. Love them both? Then wear both!
Monday 7/5: Tee Time. Tshirt of your choosing.
Tuesday 7/6: Seeing Stars. Star prints are underrated. I'm just saying.
Wednesday 7/7: Birds of a Feather. Bird print, feather pattern, actual feathers...just have fun with it!
Thursday 7/8: Straight Up. Kind of obsessed with straight leg jeans right now. A statement I never thought I'd say again in my lifetime. 
Friday 7/9: Pink & Orange. One of my favorite summer combos.
Saturday 7/10: Picnic Perfect. I have a cheeseburger shirt that I am eying for this day, but originally I was thinking a gingham print.
Sunday 7/11: Good as Gold. Accessorize however you'd like, as long as it involves gold today.
Monday 7/12: Elevated Espadrilles. Flats, wedges, any espadrilles.
Tuesday 7/13: Swipe Right for Stripes. Actually not a fan of stripes, but other people are so here we go...
Wednesday 7/14: Going on Safari. That's right, more animal print.
Thursday 7/15: Off to Bermuda. Bermuda shorts are freaking everywhere right now. 
Friday 7/16: Beige or Brown. Even summer days need neutrals.
Saturday 7/17: Fruit Salad. Watermelon, anyone? Grapes? Cantaloupe? 
Sunday 7/18: All Choked Up. Chokers are still a thing, right?
Monday 7/19: Body or Jumpsuit. Dear tall girls, I'm sorry.
Tuesday 7/20: On Island Time. Think Hawaiian shirt, but cuter.
Wednesday 7/21: Creature of the Sea. Like I said, I never pass on the opportunity to wear a fish print (or seahorse, whale, crab, etc).
Thursday 7/22: Sheerly Brilliant. Let's see those delicate sheer pieces today.
Friday 7/23: Bright Ahead. Think neon.
Saturday 7/24: Tilt-A-Whirl. Whirl-worthy skirts/dresses.
Sunday 7/25: Statement Earrings. Because they are 100000000x better than statement necklaces were.
Monday 7/26: Electric Slides. Casual or dress, up to you.
Tuesday 7/27: Anchors Aweigh. That's right, more nautical. But today, specifically anchors.
Wednesday 7/28: The Cat's Meow. Cat print/pattern/graphic. Paw prints. Tuna? I mean, just wing it.
Thursday 7/29: Crop Flares. Because I love them. Simple as that.
Friday 7/30: Hues of Sky & Sea. Blue, as far as the eye can see!
Saturday 7/31: Orange Dolewhip. My second favorite flavor of dolewhip (nothing beats lemon).
Sunday 8/1: Bangles for Days. I found some buried in one of my jewelry boxes the other day so....
Monday 8/2: Romper Room. Again, tall girls, I'm sorry. If any of you struggle with torso length like I do, Lilly usually has decent lengths. I am also told A&F does, but I have never tried personally.
Tuesday 8/3: Pattern Play. Mix your prints today!
Wednesday 8/4: Toucan Tango. I love toucans. I don't know why, they are just so cute.
Thursday 8/5: Linen Love. Not a huge fan of linen myself, but linen blends are ok (for those of use who don't own an iron and are too lazy to steam constantly).
Friday 8/6: Peach Wine Cooler. I love peach (& wine coolers) this time of year! 
Saturday 8/7: Hot Tropics. Let's see those tropical prints.
Sunday 8/8: Clay Jewelry. My latest jewelry addiction.
Monday 8/9: Sea-Worthy Sperry's. Love a good boat shoe.
Tuesday 8/10: Well, Shello There! Fish can't have all of the fun, today is for seashells!
Wednesday 8/11: Elephantastic. Yes, elephants!
Thursday 8/12: Pleats & Thank You. As a girl with wide hips, the whole pleated pant trend can go away any day now. Looking forward to seeing everyone else rock them though!
Friday 8/13: Pastel or Neon. Tough choice, I know. But hey, I won't stop you from mixing them if you think you can pull it off.
Saturday 8/14: Key Lime Pie. Yeeeeeesssssssssssss, more lime!!
Sunday 8/15: Watch Out. Sometimes I forget I own watches other than my apple watch. Anyone else?
Monday 8/16: Hip to be Square. Square neck. Square toe shoes. Plaid. However you want to interpret it is totally fine.
Tuesday 8/17: Vertical Stripe Hype. The only stripe I can fully get behind!
Wednesday 8/18: Whale, yeah! Vineyard Vines, anyone?
Thursday 8/19: Wide Leg Wonder. I am coming around to wideleg. I don't know why it is taking so long since I freaking loved them the last time they were "in".
Friday 8/20: Black & White. A classic combo, any time of year.
Saturday 8/21: Cherry Water Ice. Cherry print or simple cherry red.
Sunday 8/22: Brag Bag. Show off one of your favorite bags today.
Monday 8/23: Sundress to Impress. First day of school, dress to impress.
Tuesday 8/24: Bahama Mama. Yes, more tropical prints.
Wednesday 8/25: Let's Flamingle. Break out those flamingo pieces!
Thursday 8/26: Skort Along. I never actually stopped wearing skorts, but I am happy they are trending agian.
Friday 8/27: In the Navy. A classic color year-round, but especially in the summer.
Saturday 8/28: Bottle Ring Toss. In honor of my Mom's birthday, her favorite jewelry -- rings!
Sunday 8/29: Neck/Arm Candy. Whichever you prefer. Or both.
Monday 8/30: Winning Wedges. My favorite shoe, no matter the season.
Tuesday 8/31: Garden Party. Ending the challenge with a floral print.

Don't forget to use the #SummerLibLooks tag so I can see your fab outfit creations. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram