#SpringLibLooks

 I don't know about you, but I am SO over winter. It has been beautiful the past couple of days, but we are expecting snow & ice Thursday/Friday and I am...unwilling to participate in such nonsense. Truly, I am ignoring that it is even a possibility. At this point, I am looking ahead to spring and transitioning into some lighter layers.

For those of you unfamiliar: There will be four challenges per year: Summer (Jun-Aug), Fall (Sep-Nov), Winter (Dec-Feb), and Spring (Mar-May). You will still have one prompt for each day of the three-month period, you will just get them all at once instead of monthly.

The daily themes for Spring are:
Textured Sunday
Color My Monday
Trendy Tuesday
Patterned Wednesday
Specific Item Thursday
Brands & Books-to-TV Show Friday
Shoes & Accessories Saturday

Tue. 3/1: Patched Up. I love that patches are back!
Wed. 3/2: Stripes & Animal Print. One of my favorite pattern plays (and that's saying something, considering how much I dislike stripes). 
Thu. 3/3: Toasty Turtleneck. I know turtlenecks get a lot of hate, but I really love them. 
Fri. 3/4: Gossip Girl. *sigh* I miss this show. For the characters, of course, but mostly...the fashion.
Sat. 3/5: Combat or Hiker Boots. Please don't ask me the difference because I have no bloody idea.
Sun. 3/6: Fuzzy Fleece. Keeping it cozy this Sunday.
Mon. 3/7: Minty Fresh. Perhaps one of the prettiest shades of green.
Tue. 3/8: Frill of It. Get frilly today, folks.
Wed. 3/9: Floral & Gingham. I know it sounds weird, but I actually like it WAY more than I thought I would.
Thu. 3/10: That's A Wrap. Wrap sweater, wrap dress, wrap top...wrap anything!
Fri. 3/11: EXPRESS Yourself. Anything from Express. Not an Express fan? Anything that you feel expresses your style will work.
Sat. 3/12: Belted Beauty. Seeking decent quality belts that don't break the bank (not b/c of the prompt, I just lost weight and many of mine are too large now). So, tag yours when you post!
Sun. 3/13: Leather Weather. Leather pants, jacket, shoes, bag...whatever strikes your fancy.
Mon. 3/14: Emerald City. A bold green to get the week going.
Tue. 3/15: Sweet Sweats. Not a huge fan of sweats, but it's been a rough few months (read: years).
Wed. 3/16: Shamrock Shake. Almost SPD -- bust out some shamrocks!
Thu. 3/17: Such a Pullover. Pullover sweater or sweatshirt.
Fri. 3/18: JCREW Neck. Anything from JCrew. Not a JCrew fan? Wear a crew neck top instead.
Sat. 3/19: Square or Pointy Toe. However will I choose?
Sun. 3/20: Fab Flannel. I am down for literally any excuse to wear a flannel.
Mon. 3/21: Lime & Yellow. Brighten up your Monday with a lime & yellow combo.
Tue. 3/22: Not Yo Mama's Embroidery. Embroidery has come a loooooong way, am I right!?
Wed. 3/23: You Zig, I Zag. Zig zags, my friend. AKA chevron.
Thu. 3/24: Bunch of Buttons. Button fly pants, button down shirt, cardigan...lot of ways you can play this one. Hell, wear all three!
Fri. 3/25: The Carrie Diaries. I know this is an oldie but the fashion is fan-freaking-tastic.
Sat. 3/26: Statement Earrings. I can never get enough fun statement earrings.
Sun. 3/27: Knitwit. Knit anything. Easy peasy.
Mon. 3/28: Peaches & Cream. Peach + off white.
Tue. 3/29: Saturated Hues. Overly saturated pieces.
Wed. 3/30: Garden Party. Let's see your favorite floral.
Thu. 3/31: Baseball Tee, Hat, or Jersey. It's MLB Opening Day, y'all!!
Fri. 4/1: Normal People. I loved this show. More than the book, actually. And a big part of that was Marianne's wardrobe.
Sat. 4/2: Layered Necklaces. Loving this trend.

***** LIBRARY WEEK: Prompts inspired by book titles. *****
Sun. 4/3: Corduroy Goes to School. I know it's April, but I am not ready to let go of my corduroy yet.
Mon. 4/4: A Clockwork Orange. Anything orange will do.
Tue. 4/5: Puff the Magic Dragon. I mean, I am not going to tell you how to interpret this one...you do you, but my original thought was puff sleeve/shoulder.
Wed. 4/6: Call of the Wild. Animal prints!!!
Thu. 4/7: Farewell to Arms. Shed your sleeves today.
Fri. 4/8: Little Fires Everywhere. Loved this book. Loved this show. Love love LOVED the style.
Sat. 4/9: The Goldfinch. I admittedly haven't read this one. Really, I am just opting for gold jewelry today.
********************************************************
Sun. 4/10: Oh hey, Chambray! Do people even wear chambray anymore? I mean, I do...but I don't know about anyone else.
Mon. 4/11: Mellow Yellow. A nice, calm yellow.
Tue. 4/12: Folksy. Folksy isn't my style but I love it on other people.
Wed. 4/13: Plaid & Dots. A fun combo.
Thu. 4/14: Get Graphic. Today is all about graphic tees.
Fri. 4/15: GAPple & BANANAs. Same company, different brands. Gap or Banana republic today. Not a fan? Try a fruit print.
Sat. 4/16: Hippity Hoppity Handbag. Tomorrow is Easter...so I had to use a cute prompt, but any handbag will suffice.
Sun. 4/17: Peter Cottontail. Cotton. Simple, right?
Mon. 4/18: Pretty Pastels. Any shade.
Tue. 4/19: Y2-Yay! I am pretty excited for this. Wear your fave Y2K trend(s)!
Wed. 4/20: Fine Lines. Dainty stripes...I don't know how else to describe it.
Thu. 4/21: One Piece or Matching Set. Jumpsuit, dress, or matching set.
Fri. 4/22: Pretty Little Liars. Probably some of the best fashion on television. I said it. Hoping the next reboot is better than the last.
Sat. 4/23: Mule It Over. The perfect time to slip on a pair of mules.
Sun. 4/24: About That Lace. Lace...anything.
Mon. 4/25: Black & White. A simple combination.
Tue. 4/26: To Bead or Not to Bead. Beaded anything.
Wed. 4/27: Snake in the Grass. I love snake print. Who else?
Thu. 4/28: Throwback Thursday. Any throwback piece you've been holding onto. Wear it or donate it.
Fri. 4/29: Right on TARGET. Anything from Target.
Sat. 4/30: Tom, Bob, or Chuck. A pair of Toms/Bobs or Chucks (Converse).
Sun. 5/1: Denim Overdrive. Double the denim.
Mon. 5/2: Rose Red. Or any red really, who am I to limit.
Tue. 5/3: Playful Platform. Who doesn't love a good platform shoe?
Wed. 5/4: Connect the Dots. Give me ALL the dots!
Thu. 5/5: Fiesta Frock. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Fri. 5/6: Big Little Lies. Truth: I have not read or watched this one yet. But I have watched enough adverts to know that I like the wardrobe. 
Sat. 5/7: Sunnies Side Up. Show me your fave sunglasses.
Sun. 5/8: Apple of My Eyelet. Probably a little too early in the season for this one but I am excited...I don't want to wait any longer!
Mon. 5/9: Blue Skies Ahead. Any shade of blue will do. 
Tue. 5/10: Cropped Cardi. A trend I am not thrilled to see back again. Shrugs should stay in the past, IMO, but let's go with it.
Wed. 5/11: Camo Cutie. Another trend I am not super fond of but I am slowly coming around. 
Thu. 5/12: Cream of the Crop. Crops of any description.
Fri. 5/13: You. It's no secret that I love this show. The female fashion is on point.
Sat. 5/14: Midi Rings. A trend I finally came around to.
Sun. 5/15: Laidback Linen. I know people dig linen pants but it's linen tops for me *swoon*
Mon. 5/16: Bubblegum Pink. Not pepto pink LOL.
Tue. 5/17: Cutout Queen. Tops/dresses with cutouts are freaking everywehere -- this should be an easy.
Wed. 5/18: Stripes & Dots. An underrated combination.
Thu. 5/19: Right to Bare Ankles. Skirts, dresses, crops, shorts...anything that gets your ankles out there!
Fri. 5/20: Never Gets OLD NAVY. Anything from Old Navy. Not a fan? Wear something old, or even just navy.
Sat. 5/21: Show Your Toes. Sandals or open/peep toe.
Sun. 5/22: Crochet Craze. Love all things crochet. As far as I am concerned, macrame counts.
Mon. 5/23: Coral & Navy. One of my absolute favorite color combinations.
Tue. 5/24: Statement Mini. I am so not into this trend, but for everyone who loves it -- I look forward to living vicariously through.
Wed. 5/25: Simply Stenciled. Any sort of stencil-like pattern.
Thu. 5/26: Sweet Sundress. Tis the season.
Fri. 5/27: Lovely in LILLY. Lilly Pulitzer. Not into it? Wear floral instead.
Sat. 5/28: Sleek Slides. Slide sandals or even mules again if you prefer.
Sun. 5/29: Get Meshy. Mesh always make me flashback to the 90s, but I don't hate it.
Mon. 5/30: Red, White, & Blue. Happy Memorial Day!
Tue. 5/31: Show Some Skin. Arms, legs...whatever -- just show some skin!

Remember to use the #SpringLibLooks hashtag so I can see your outfit creations!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram