#LLBholidayathomestyle / #HolidayAtHomeLibLooks

With different parts of the country and the world shutting down/sheltering in place again, I thought that maybe it was time to put a little spin on things, much like the Quarantine Style Challenges did in the Spring. PA has not taken measures to shutdown again and I honestly don't know if it will, but that doesn't mean I can't help you get through it. 

Just because we are doing all we can to slow the spread of COVID-19 doesn't mean we have to give up all the things that bring us joy. For me, I prefer to focus on the things that bring me a sense of stability (fashion & planning), which also brings me joy. This is the best of both. Let's take a look at this set of quarantine prompts, with a fun holiday twist. Though our holidays look a bit different this year, that doesn't mean we can't lean into them for comfort (& at the risk of sounding like a Christmas carol, joy).

So, those of you who have been following along will know that #LLBholidayathomestyle is set up like #LLBwardroberemix. Here's how it works: 40 prompts, broken down into eight categories. You can do any prompt, from any category, on any day you want. This challenge works around your life while still providing hints of inspiration when you need them. Why 40 prompts? So you can skip the ones that don't work for you and still have a backup plan! What can I say? I like options!

Fun fact: The bonus theme (the only one carried over into #HolidayAtHomeLibLooks) was crafted to help boost your spirit with some holiday spirits. Just kidding (unless that is how you want to interpret it it), you can use the colors of the beverages if you so choose. Or you can pose with your favorite beer (wine for me). Hell, interpret the prompts however you want -- a wine colored sweater, bell earrings, faux fur, Santa, reindeer -- just have fun with it! That is always the most important part.
*NOTE: I am not encouraging the consumption of alcohol. Please drink responsibly this holiday season. Call 1-800-662-4357 if you are battling substance abuse.

Still hoping for a bit more structure in your day-to-day? Try #HolidayAtHomeLibLooks instead...


The daily themes are as follows:
Something Specific Sunday
Monday Sweaters
Zoom Ready Tuesday
Wildlife Wednesday
Thursday Shoesday
Color My Friday
Saturday Bottoms

Tuesday 12/1: Buttoned Up Nutcracker. Give me all the buttons! Cardigans, button-down shirts, button-fly jeans...I love them all!
Wednesday 12/2: Feline A Bit Fancy & Festive. For all of us crazy cat ladies out there. Cat hair counts, of course, since it gets all over everything. [Feel free to share a photo of your cat co-workers if you aren't up for getting dressed.]
Thursday 12/3: Croc-ing Around the Christmas Tree. I'm not going to lie, I am a fan of crocs. Don't get me wrong, I still agree that they are ugly as sin. But they are comfy af...and that wins.
Friday 12/4: Virtual White Elephant Party. I will forever be Team Wear White Year-Round. [Also feel free to post what you would take to a white elephant party this year...even if it would be virtual.]
Saturday 12/5: Santa Approved Sweatpants. Let's face it, the big man approves anything with an elastic waste. I feel ya, Santa.
Sunday 12/6: Pullover the Sleigh. Pullover sweater/sweatshirt for the win.
Monday 12/7: Cardi Party for One. Just because we can't party together, doesn't mean we can't party together separately. Let's throw a cardi party today!
Tuesday 12/8: Turtle(dove)neck. I love a good turtleneck.
Wednesday 12/9: Howliday at Home. Where my dog people at!? [Your pups are happy to have you at home.]
Thursday 12/10: Jingle Bell Booties. I don't mean cute booties. I mean house booties. Hospital booties. Slipper booties. COMFORTABLE BOOTIES.
Friday 12/11: Gaudy Grinch Green. You know it. Lime, in your face, grinch freaking green. [Actual grinch graphic tees encouraged.]
Saturday 12/12: Holly Jolly Jeans. I know I am going to catch a lot of flack for this one. I get it -- most people don't consider jeans comfortable. Want to know something mindblowing? I don't find leggings comfortable. I would choose jeans over leggings every day of the week. So I guess what I am saying is: This one is for me (and weird people like me).
Sunday 12/13: Oh, Holey Night! I don't care what you wear, as long as it has holes in it.
Monday 12/14: Carols & Cableknit. Cableknit sweater. Simple as that. [or socks, or slippers, or anything cableknit because nothing is ever easy.]
Tuesday 12/15: Holiday Best Vest. Not just any vest. Your comfiest, coziest, festivest (not to be confused with Festivus, which is on the 23rd and when I should have made this prompt UGH) vest.
Wednesday 12/16: I Come Bear-ing Gifts. How beary nice of you!
Thursday 12/17: Socks of the Season. That's right, I want to see your holiday socks today. You know I don't advocate buying things just to participate in a prompt, but I do firmly believe that everyone should own a pair of holiday socks.
Friday 12/18: A Berry Shiny Nose. Any berry will do, I suppose, not necessarily Rudolph red as the prompt implies.
Saturday 12/19: Ladies in Leggings. For all my leggings lovers out there.
Sunday 12/20: Under the Mistle-tunic. Now this is a piece my long-torso self can get behind!
Monday 12/21: You Know Dasher & Dancer & Duster. Is that not a reindeer? Oh right, it's just the best sweater style on the planet.
Tuesday 12/22: Fab-Yule-Ous Flannel. Oh yes, I consider flannels Zoom-ready. You can wear a flannel dress if you really feel like it, but I say throw on a flannel with a cardigan or blazer and call it a day.
Wednesday 12/23: Owl I Want for Christmas is Ewe. One animal wasn't enough today apparently. Owl or Ewe (which is a female sheep, and yes, I had to google that).
Thursday 12/24: Slippers for Père Noël. According to tradition, if you leave your slippers filled with carrots for Père Noël's donkey on Christmas Eve, he will fill them with candy for you to find on Christmas morning. Maybe set aside a pair you don't wear for this 🤢.
Friday 12/25: Holiday Time, Feeling Pine. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! Wear pine green today.
Saturday 12/26: Joy to the (Joggers) World. I may not like leggings, but I LOVE joggers.
Sunday 12/27: Hoodies for the Holidays. I feel this on a spiritual level. I am not a huge hoodie person, but this year...everything take so much effort. Hoodies are easy.
Monday 12/28: Oversized & Ornamental. Big and decorated. It could be bedazzled, patterned, have pompoms...whatever, just make it interesting.
Tuesday 12/29: That's A Wrap. Wrap up in something cozy (that's also Zoom-appropriate if you have to work today).
Wednesday 12/30: Are You Yeti for January? Yo, I love the Abominable Snowman. And the prospects of a new year, for that matter.
Thursday 12/31: Modish Midnight Moccasins. Keep it casual this NYE. Show off your comfy feet in a fashionable pair of moccasins. 

I get that you might not want to post these outfits. If I am being perfectly honest, I probably won't if PA shuts down and I am stuck at home again. I just want something that will help people get out of their pajamas (if they so choose); I know I really struggled with it when I was working from home. If you do post, use the #LLBholidayathomestyle & #HolidayAtHomeLibLooks hashtags so I can follow your style journey. I should also note that you can use these in conjunction with #LLBwardroberemix & #DECliblooks. I don't ever want to stifle your outfit creativity. Use whatever prompts work for you, whenever they work best...even if that means you use all four hashtags in one week. We are all a little bit all over the place these days, it is only natural that our style is too.

Listen, the holidays are difficult during a normal year. Add in 2020 and I get that it feels unbearable sometimes. If you need someone different to talk to, know that I am here for you. DM me on Insta and we can talk, online shop together, make inappropriate jokes, have a gif war...whatever gets us through. Just know that you are not alone in this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram