Introducing #LLBcolorchallenge

 New year, new challenge! Listen, we all know I get bored easily so it should come as a shock to no one that I want to switch things up a bit. Over the past month or so, with nothing specific to get dressed for, I found myself gravitating to certain colors. I would wake up and say to myself "I want to wear blue today" or "Let's brighten things up with a bold red" and it got me thinking: Why don't I pay more attention to the colors in my wardrobe? Sure, my closets & drawers are ROYGBIVed to easily find items by color but up until recently I hardly gave it a thought. So I guess you could say that I dreamt this up as a challenge to myself; a challenge to intentionally incorporate a variety of colors into my regular wardrobe rotation.

The challenge is relatively simple. You get one color palette per week to inspire your outfit creations. You can choose to pop one of the colors, combine them all, wear one per day, pick your two favorite and wear them all week long...whatever works for you. I encourage you to incorporate other neutrals (black, white, gray, tan, etc.) on a weekly basis so not to overcomplicate things.

These challenges are never meant to be difficult; rather to provide a new way of looking at pieces you already have. That said, I in no way advocate purchasing items just to fulfill this (or any) challenge. If you look at this and think to yourself "Man, I'd really love a mauve sweater" (guilty), then do whatever makes you happy. Just please don't look at this and go "Ugh, now I have to go buy something green" because, my friends, you absolutely do not. Clothes bring me the most joy in life (sad, I know) so I am constantly looking for new ways to maximize the use of each and every item. 

Remember to use the #LLBcolorchallenge hashtag so I can see your fantastic use of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram