Color Fancy: Cranberry

One of my absolute favorite colors in the Fall and Winter is cranberry. I just love the warmth of it. Moving into holiday season, it is definitely one of my go-to colors.


Wear It


Cranberry pieces are staples in my wardrobe for cooler months. What a simple and beautiful way to warm up your wardrobe. I am so in love with A Piece of Toast's stunning cranberry dress. It can easily be dressed up for holidays parties or kept simple for the office. One of my favorite pair of skinny jeans are cranberry so of course I am loving Living In Color Print's cranberry look. If you are not really a red person, consider just adding a pop of cranberry. The Northeast Girl added pops of cranberry not only in her drool-worthy purse, but also within her plaid as well.

Paint It


I think cranberry colored walls are absolutely stunning. I think it is most popular in dining areas, and for obvious reasons...the bottom right photo is breathtaking. I also love it in an entryway, as seen in the bottom left, because it makes a bright and bold statement right off the bat. I adore these deep red walls in main living spaces, as seen in the top right and left middle photo. One place I never would have thought to paint red is the bathroom. However, the upper left photo makes me want to reconsider. If only I had a small powder room, I would maybe attempt it.

Make It Pop


I totally understand not wanting to cover your walls in such a bold color, but maybe a pop of it would work for you. More on the bold side, I love the idea of red kitchen cabinets. While I have never considered having red furniture, I do like the way it looks in the rooms above. Too much? I get it, no worries. Add a little pop to your bedroom as seen in the right middle photo.

First Impressions


I have a confession to make. I love red doors. I mean, I really love red doors. If I had to choose one color for a front door...it would be red. A bold, deep, beautiful red. You know, like cranberry.

So, what is your take on red?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram